Thursday, July 3, 2014

Simple Pleasures

Over the past two years, Michael decided to fully commit to his photography career.  He has been part time at his machine job, and therefore, he brought in a part time income.  All this to say, the last two years have been tight financially.  My greatest struggle with life and God is patience.  Financial patience is the ultimate kicker in my mind.  I have been so frustrated by it, and poor Michael has dragged me along kicking and screaming.  I am starting to finally see the big picture.  I knew there was a big picture, and I knew I would eventually see it, but I did not know when that "eventually" would be or even what it would look like.

Yes, we are still tight financially, but I have started to see how much we appreciate the "simple pleasures" as a result of our tightness.  We have had to be creative with our time and money, and I feel like we are actually better for it.  I feel like God wanted us to slow down and enjoy each other and not get so caught up in the "stuff" of the world.  My life has become focused around the "simple pleasures", and it has become less about shopping and things I want to buy.

I did a little research on the "simple pleasures" of life, and I loved this list:  http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/03/23/the-30-most-satisfying-simple-pleasures-life-has-to-offer/.

I wanted to add my own two pleasures:

31.  Kayaking down the Caney Fork River with good friends.



 We spend the day talking and listening to the river.





32.  Gardening in the sunshine with your family.

 Our corn is massive!

 This is so cool!  The butternut squash forms a yellow flower, and then below the flower the squash forms, and, the flower falls off.  


No comments: