Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

Michael and I have always celebrated Valentine's Day on any other night.  Therefore, Valentine's Day has become a family night.  The last few years we have rented a family movie, and we have ordered pizza.  This year, I wanted to do something different.  I decided to make the ultimate parent sacrifice: Chuck E Cheese.  The kids have been asking to go for years.  Yes, the only time Miley has ever been is at an MCE family night four years ago.  I also thought it was brilliant to go on Valentine's Day because everyone would be out on dates.  I was wrong, but the kids had such a good time.    



This was his favorite.  


Michael also got Miley and I flowers and a cookie cake.  It is such a sweet tradition.  Dex got jelly beans.

This morning I realized that I fell asleep last night early, and I never really thanked Michael for such a sweet family night.  I felt a little guilty for falling asleep, and I think I thanked him for the flowers, but I think it was a little rushed with the rest of the evening.  Michael was still asleep so I started walking around leaving sticky notes about the things that I am appreciative for that he does.  Sticky notes just seemed more sincere this morning.  I know I do not give him enough credit.  I know I expect a lot for him, and I do appreciate him so much.

No comments: