Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fall Creek Falls with Friends

I was driving home today, and I was thinking about how much I really love camping.  We spent over 48 hours with this focus:  spend time together and have fun outside.  Miley and Declan loved playing in the woods with Hudson.  They were making all kinds of things out of rocks and sticks.  I loved seeing them use their imagination outside together.

I absolutely adore this picture (even though I think my eyes are closed).  In college on many fall and spring weekends, Michael and I and most of these people would hike and camp together.  We loved it, and we always talked about how we would continue doing this with our kids some day.  I love that we are keeping this promise we made each other years ago.  


This was fun but carrying a wiggly three year while people try to pass you on the bridge is not.  

 Miley just adores Maddox.  


It is not a camping trip without cards, fires, hammocks, and lots of food.  







We also added a fun event:  Easter egg hunt in the woods!



I realized on the way home that I do not think the kids whined at all the whole weekend or really argued with each other.   That is an accomplishment.

Yes, camping is a lot of work, but I love the feeling of working together and accomplishing set up and clean up.

The kids are old enough to help so it was fun involving them when we got home today.  Dex helped clean out the cooler, and he made at least twenty trips from the car to the house carrying things to put away.  He was so proud of himself.  I passed the torch on this year, and Miley received my job of sweeping out the tents when we got home.

I can not wait for the next adventure outdoor weekend.  

1 comment:

Jonathan Hood said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.. reminded me of all the camping trips we went on growing up.