Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Breaks are the best!

Breaks are so important to me.  

I struggle with working full time and being a Mom.  I rarely feel happy about both at the same time.  I love teaching.  I love being a Mom, but both are hard to manage.  I always feel like there is something more I can do for one or the other.  I have 23 little nine and ten year olds with 23 different families and 23 different personalities and needs from 7-2:30 Monday thru Friday (Which is not actually the time frame.  It is very common for me to be answering emails regarding an upcoming social studies test while making dinner and folding laundry). Then, I have my two from 2:30pm-7:00am.  Therefore, any kind of long break is so special to me.  I can focus on just being a Mom.  

I want to start making traditional memories during breaks that we can look forward to and remember.  I decided that each spring break both kids would paint a canvas.  

Miley loved it.  This is her practice round.


Dex was a little bit of a stinker about it.  He just kept saying he "could not do it".  He was done after three minutes.  Not exactly how I envisioned it, but we tried.  I wanted there to be much more color so I think I am going to let him try again another afternoon.  Yes, I did the "D" on his.  




No comments: