Friday, March 7, 2014

All you need is love.

Sunday, Michael and I found out that a friend we knew through missions and church, Myrick, died tragically.  Myrick was a guy that you felt was invincible, and it scared me to know that he had died so suddenly.    Everyone kept saying "life is short" and "hug your loved ones" and "live your life to the fullest", but I already know life is short.   What do you do once you have hugged your "loved ones"?  How do you "live life to the fullest" while considering "life is short"?  I felt a little lost this week.  I reflected about every aspect of my life (friendships, family, career, money, future, children).  As I read comments posted about Myrick, I realized how full Myrick's life was.  I kept pondering about how to "live my life to the fullest"?    

Today at the memorial service the answer to my question was so obvious and clear.  Everyone talked about Myrick and the theme of everyone's message was that this man "loved".  He loved people, his family, children, career, and life.  It felt like such a relief to know that all I had to do was to love.  

Therefore, tonight, I loved.  

Declan and I went to a Mother/Son Magical Night at the Goodlettsville Community Center.  



No comments: