Friday, June 27, 2014

Seaside Day 1

It has been twenty-four hours since we left the beach, and I am heartbroken.  I love the beach.  I love playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean, and laying in the sun.  I really do not know if I would ever get bored of it.  I do not mind the sand or the seaweed or the water.  I love the sounds of the waves and smell of the salty air.  I love a cream soda on the beach with a sandwich and a crisp new magazine.  

The last few years have been a little different with "babies/toddlers at the beach".  They are not fun (at least mine were not).  There were fun moments at the beach, but there was always a mixture of stress related to sand in unwanted places, rashes from the sand, hunger, schedules to keep, and crankiness.  I prepared last week like a crazy person.  This year was going to be different.  This year at the beach was going to be fun!  I prepped for rashes and hunger.  I prepped for everything I could possibly imagine, and it was.  The beach was fun again.  The beach was more fun than it had ever been.  

A quick 55 minute plane ride started off our wonderful trip.  It was perfection.
This was Dex's first plane ride.  



 Dex was so excited he fell asleep at 11am on me as we were walking into the hotel.  
 This is the Watercolor Inn.  It was beautiful.  
 This was one of my favorite photos from the week.  They were so excited to see the beach.







 We had a really fun late night with friends the night before, and then we got up at 6am to catch our flight at 7:55am.  Miley was so tired she fell asleep on the picnic table at the Taco Bar during dinner.  

We had such a fun first day.  

No comments: